[ltp] Thinkpad student offers for those in the US...

Charles E Taylor IV linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 21 Jan 2004 11:52:05 -0500

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 08:26:23 -0800
Michelle Klein-Hass <bosslady@mail.msgeek.com> wrote:

> http://www.compgeeks.com/products.asp?cat=NBB
>
> There are currently some very good candidates for
> Linux-ization...600s, 600Es, A20s, A22s, even a couple of 760s and
> 765Ls for those who want to try an old-school Linux experience with a
> minimalist load. There are also some Dell Latitude notebooks, but
> discussing them further would be kind of off-topic.

I noticed a 760XD among the choices.  If you want to run Linux, steer
clear of this laptop because neither sound nor modem will work.
(The rest of it works okay - you can use a PC card modem, but it's
annoying having no sound support).

*  Charles Taylor <tomalek@mindspring.com>
*  Chemistry teacher, Linux enthusiast!
*  Web: http://home.mindspring.com/~charletiv/