[ltp] Chirping noises when running on high throttle

Niel Lambrechts linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 22 Jan 2004 22:48:45 +0200

On Thu, 2004-01-22 at 15:17, Alexander Gran wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 22. Januar 2004 12:05 schrieb David Siska:
> > Dear All,
> >
> > I have an IBM R40 2681-HSG and its making strange chirping / buzzing
> > noises. It's definitely not the harddisk (you can spin it down and still
> > hear the noise) and its definitely not the fan, since one can hear that
> > going on and off ocassionally.
>
> My T40p makes this noise two.
> Putting load on the graphicsubsystem, usb, ethernet always produces this
> noise. Seems to be normal.
>
> Alex

I have the new R50P, it also makes a sound coming from the left side
under the keyboard (when X screensaver shows & some other cases) - like
stated earlier - maybe due to load on the graphics-card. I believe the
card is able to throttle frequency too? Seems like it is a fairly
innocent thing to me though.

Niel