[ltp] Missing /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_setspeed

Fri, 23 Jan 2004 12:06:56 -0500

--0ntfKIWw70PvrIHh

On Fri, Jan 23, 2004 at 05:43:35PM +0100, David wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a problem controlling the speed of the centrino prozessor.
>
> I read that i've to set the speed in /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_setspeed, but this file doesn't exist...

I've never seen nor used that file (nor read to use it, but I havent
read too much on the subject).

> I've only
>
> cpuinfo_max_freq
> scaling_available_governors

^^ That tells you what governors are available (obviously)

> scaling_governor

^^ You can echo the governor you want to use into this file, eg

echo 'performance' > scaling_governor

HTH,
    Tom

--