[ltp] [R40] middle `mouse' button above touchpad

Patrick Drechsler linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 23 Jan 2004 23:35:19 +0100

Michael Rasmussen wrote on 23 Jan 2004 23:23:12 MET:

> On Fri, Jan 23, 2004 at 11:05:18PM +0100, Patrick Drechsler wrote:
>> is it possible to use the middle `mouse' button directly above
>> the touchpad as a middle mouse button (pasting)? Klicking on the
>> left and right button emulates this behaviour but it would be
>> nice to use a single button to achieve this...
>
> My T21 works this way by default.
>
> From the XF86config file:
>
> Section "InputDevice"
>         Identifier      "Configured Mouse"
>         Driver          "mouse"
>         Option          "CorePointer"
>         Option          "Device"                "/dev/psaux"
>         Option          "Protocol"              "PS/2"
>         Option          "Emulate3Buttons"       "true"
>         Option          "ZAxisMapping"          "4 5"
> EndSection
>
> Section "InputDevice"
>         Identifier      "Generic Mouse"
>         Driver          "mouse"
>         Option          "SendCoreEvents"        "true"
>         Option          "Device"                "/dev/input/mice"
>         Option          "Protocol"              "ImPS/2"
>         Option          "Emulate3Buttons"       "true"
>         Option          "ZAxisMapping"          "4 5"
> EndSection

Here's mine:

--8<------------------------schnipp------------------------->8---
Section "InputDevice"
  Driver       "mouse"
  Identifier   "Mouse[1]"
  Option       "Device" "/dev/mouse"
  Option       "Emulate3Buttons" "on"
  Option       "Name" "Autodetection"
  Option       "Protocol" "ps/2"
  Option       "Vendor" "Sysp"
EndSection

Sorry for having to ask: Can I just adopt your settings without
screwing my system? There's not really anything in common between
your settings and mine.

Cheers

Patrick
--
"It's called a shovel... I've seen gardeners use them.
You stick the sharp end in the ground. Then it gets a bit technical."