[ltp] [R40] middle `mouse' button above touchpad

Patrick Drechsler linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 24 Jan 2004 00:25:01 +0100

Ch. Veith wrote on 24 Jan 2004 00:12:45 MET:

> Patrick Drechsler wrote:
>
>> Satish Balay wrote on 23 Jan 2004 23:27:42 MET:

>>>One way to get it working is to disable the 'touchpad' in the
>>>bios.
>>
>> But I want to use the touchpad... doesn't this deactivate it?
>> I'll give it a try tomorrow.

> Hello, on my R40 it works to disable the touchpad.

Sounds promising. Thanks for the feedback!

> have a look at tp-scroll - you can scroll by pressing middle
> button an moving sttck up or
> down. (http://rsim.cs.uiuc.edu/%7Esachs/tp-scroll/)

Not sure if I actually need this. Especially when it says:

,----
| 4. disable gpm (sorry, doesn't play nice with gpm yet)
`----

But thanks anyway for the pointer.

Cheers

Patrick
--
The only difference between the saint and the sinner is that every saint
has a past and every sinner has a future.