[ltp] R40e SuSE 8.2 lost network

Adrian Midgley linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 24 Jan 2004 20:03:44 +0000

On Saturday 24 January 2004 08:56, Hartmut Meyer wrote:

> Do you want to use DHCP at university as well?
It is set to use DHCP, but it was also set that way here on my network, 5
hours' drive away, and AFAIK at the university (UMIST/Manchester) last term.

> Can you show us your /etc/sysconfig/network/ifcfg-eth0 as well as the
> output from

>    grep -v ^# /etc/sysconfig/network/dhcp
I'll have to work on that one.

> Also, what do you get to see when you do "rcnetwork restart"?
lo    success
eth0 failed
ppp0  unused

> Greetings from Bremen
A city I would love to visit one day, as might the owner of the TP in
question.

--
Adrian Midgley                   (Linux desktop)
GP, Exeter