[ltp] 2.6.1 + 3d acceleration

Jericho Gutierrez linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 24 Jan 2004 23:01:16 -0800

Pete -
Yes, please post your kernel options.  I tried compiling support into my
kernel and didn't get it going.  I'd like to compare and contrast my config.

Thanks
- Jericho

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Johanson
To: linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sent: 1/24/04 12:53 PM
Subject: Re: [ltp] 2.6.1 + 3d acceleration

On Sat, Jan 24, 2004 at 11:17:18AM -0800, Jericho Gutierrez wrote:
> Hi all -
> I have a T30 w/kernel 2.6.1 installed, but I can't seem to get good
glxgears
> scores.  I have this in my xfree86 log:
> (WW) RADEON(0): [agp] AGP not available
>
> I've followed the advice of others on the list, (loading agpgart
module
> first, followed by ati-agp module, then radeon driver), but no luck.
I also
> tried compiling support into the kernel itself, but couldn't get it to
work.
> I'd greatly appreciate any help or info.

My T30 has DRI working fine using 2.6.1. I'm using things compiled into
the kernel, just make sure you have the agp support, the intel support
for the agp stuff, and the radeon driver enabled. Check in dmesg to see
if things are jiving. I can send you my kernel config if you're still
having problems (I've got the mobility 7500 (the M7 LW)).

-pete

--
Peter Johanson
<latexer@gentoo.org>