[ltp] Re: Re: [R40] middle `mouse' button above touchpad

Patrick Drechsler linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 25 Jan 2004 21:56:35 +0100

Mika Fischer wrote on 25 Jan 2004 01:24:09 MET:

> Patrick Drechsler wrote:
>> I tried your code `as is' and with a few modifications
>> (/dev/...) but didn't even get an X-Server to run.
>>
>> In case it makes a difference: I'm using SuSE 8.2 prof
>>
>> If you need more information on my system to solve this -- just
>> ask.
>
> Well, the error message would be really helpful :)
>
> You have to make sure that your new InputDevice named TouchPad is also
> included in the ServerLeyout Section at the end of the file.

Since this isn't crucial for my system I'll have to postpone
this adventure to the future. I'm pretty busy at the moment but
I'll be back with a correct beacktrace.

> You can find my XF86Config in its entirety here:
> http://people.debian.org/~mf/laptop/X11/XF86Config-4

Thanks, I saved the file and as soon as I get the chance I'll
test it. Although I have my doubts about this working with
kernel <2.6...but I'll give it a try.

Thanks for the help!

Patrick
--
There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX.
We don't believe this to be a coincidence.