[ltp] Re: [R40] middle `mouse' button above touchpad

mukesh agrawal linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 24 Jan 2004 20:01:59 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 24 Jan 2004, Mika Fischer wrote:

> > I have trackpoint and touchpad both working, including the trackpoint's
> > middle button (the one with the blue line), the "internet scroll bar"
> > (move the trackpoint while holding the middle button to scroll),
>
> You got the middle button and the "internet scroll bar" at the same time? If
> so how?

Yup, they both work at the same time.

Here's my config... (Running kernel 2.6.0-mm2, XFree86 4.3.0, and
synaptics-0.12.2.

I think the trick was to turn on wheel emulation in XFree. See the
"EmulateWheel" and "EmulateWheelButton" lines below...

Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier	"trackpoint"
	Driver		"mouse"
	Option		"Device"		"/dev/input/mouse1"
	Option		"Protocol"		"ImPS/2"
	Option		"AlwaysCore"		"true"
	Option		"ZAxisMapping"		"4 5"
# the 3-button emulation doesn't actually work
	Option		"Emulate3Buttons"	"true"
	Option		"EmulateWheel"		"true"
	Option		"EmulateWheelButton"	"2"
EndSection

If that doesn't do the trick, let me know and I'll send the complete
config file.