[ltp] TV out and Neomagic chipset

Rudolf Marek linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 26 Jan 2004 13:19:11 +0100 (CET)

Hello,

I know thats quite unsupported but I have this combination in my 390E
thinkpad. Also I know that this is on 600 series.

I started to develop drivers for TV out.

What I have done:

1) I have isolated the part of the windows driver responsible to handle
TVout
2) I know how the TV api works
3) I have written a loader to load the driver into memory and use VM86
    to run it. And I tried to call some functions so its working.

4) the binary version of windows driver part is 100% same for Thinkpad
390e also same for 600e
5) The windows 98 driver uses VESA VBE 0x4f14 calls so it may work with
others too.
6) The thinkpad I have has chrontel 7003 TV encoder.
7) Someone forgot codeview information in the driver.

Future development:
1) get this working
2) write version without the windows driver using VESA calls
3) Avoid vesa calls and do it on register level

What I need:

I need registry keys from windows

>From Software\NeoMagic\   maybe in  MacroVision\
And also TVMode, FLicker,  XPos Ypos etc subkeys.

Especialy TVMode with different TVmodes :)

I'm now away as exachange student so I dont have TV to test it.

If it is anyone inter(r)es(s)ted in development of such thing plase let me
know.
The code will be under GNU GPL (if it can include public domain windows
header files from mingw)

Thats all for know from me its your turn :)

Regards

Rudolf