[ltp] T23 poweroff option?

Mon, 26 Jan 2004 18:30:13 +0545

On Mon, Jan 26, 2004 at 11:23:21AM +0100, Tino Keitel wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 24, 2004 at 19:42:14 +0545, a_06357@fastmail.fm wrote:
> > On Fri, Jan 23, 2004 at 09:04:38PM +0000, august macbeth wrote:
> > > is there any way to get my T23 to actually turn off after shutting it down
> > > (rathern then having to hold down the power button when "power off" is
> > > displayed)??
> > >
> > > thanks,
> > > august
> > > (using debian w/2.6.1)
> >
> > Dunno if it's the same, but on my T22 all that sort of thing works with
> > apm (debian + 2.4.24)
> >
> > OTOH, using ACPI breaks Fn-suspend, Fn-hibernate, and tpctl, at least
> > the version I have (tpctl 3.0 accessing thinkpad module 3.0 using
> > smapidev 2.0)
>
> Could it be that Fn-suspend and Fn-hibernate only work with APM?

It certainly seems that way with a vanilla 2.4.24 kernel, no big problem
for me (except I quite like having the cpu temp in my shell prompt).

With apm everything works, including hibernate to file in hidden fat16
partition (the file created with tphdisk).

> AFAIK
> without bleeding edge ACPI kernel code, ACPI suspend (S3?) is not
> supported by Linux, and hibernation is done with swsusp, but both of
> them won't be triggered by Fn-suspend and Fn-hibernate in Linux per
> default.

Fn keys probably send different codes on different machines :)

showkey shows nothing on press/release Fn, although the kernel logs it
thus:

    kernel: keyboard: unknown scancode e0 63

so it should be trappable somehow.