[ltp] [R40] improper clock

Tony Whitmore linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 27 Jan 2004 07:14:53 +0000

Ch. Veith wrote:
> Hello,
> my clock in kde is going wrong. it is corrected by ntp-client on boot -
> after two days of running it is about 3 hours wrong. I think the
> system-clock is involved too...
> Is this a known problem? how can it be fixed?

You could try running ntp-client manually from the command line (or the
very similar ntpdate). A better approach would be to run an NTP daemon
(ntpd) which keeps your system clock constantly in sync with an internet
time server and should cope with any drift whilst your machine is
powered up.

On a side note, I'd be a bit worried if my system clock drifted by 3
hours over 2 days (3 minutes might be about right) - perhaps there is
something wrong under the hood?

Cheers,

Tony