[ltp] Patch to reenable APM suspend on 2.6.1-rc1

Michael Hagemann linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 27 Jan 2004 11:47:32 +0100

On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 15:33:15 -0800 Kevin Worth wrote:

> Works great! I'm running Gentoo and once I got the patch installed and
> kernel recompiled, everything worked well. I have a Thinkpad 600x.

Could you please post your exact model number?  It seems that different
TP600 models (//e/x) have to be treated differently in order to suspend,
and the model numbers are more informative than the suffix letters.

> I still
> can't get my /etc/apm/event.d/pcmcia script to work right so that it calls
> "cardctl eject" when I try to suspend. I can pull the card out and it works
> fine, but otherwise it won't suspend. What do your event.d scripts look
> like?

This doesn't work for me either, and it always puzzled me why.  I got
accustomed to recall "sudo cardctl eject" from shell history before
suspending.  It's interesting that the carrier light on my card stays on
with a 2.6 kernel.  On a 2.4 kernel the card seems to be completely shut
off after an "eject".  I also have "cardctl eject" in my event.d scripts
and the last time I checked it got definitely called -- but didn't do
the trick...

michael