[ltp] 600E and 2.6.1...

Marco Gaiarin linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 27 Jan 2004 22:04:27 +0100

Mandi! Michael Hagemann
  In chel dí si favelave...

MH> Does your laptop wake up with an error message something like 20 secs
MH> after the suspend trial?

Yes.

MH> After recompiling, suspend should work.  This is a trivial patch, that
MH> just reinserts 3 lines of code that have been dropped in the
MH> development series.

What is the diference between this patch and the 770 patch from Charles
Lepple?! Different approach for the same solution?!
AFAIK 770's and 600's are not so different...

MH> Please send me your ThinkPad model number, regardless of whether it
MH> works or not.  I'm preparing a patch that uses the dmi-blacklist
MH> framework in order to this operation (writes a byte to the floppy
MH> controller) only on selected models.

2645-4A0

>> Jan 25 21:40:07 sara kernel: Device 'mwave' does not have a release()
>>   function, it is broken and must be fixed.
MH> Well, this is your chance to show off your kernel developer skillz... :)

...i don't need the modem. ;)

MH> Seems to be a matter of adjusting your mind to new, never-heard-of
MH> locations in the /etc directory...

...as you can see in the next message, it is not only this... ;(((

--
  Ho ancora la forza di non tirarmi indietro, [...]
  di far la conta degli amici andati e dire ``ci vediam più tardi''