[ltp] ACPI S3 (again..)

Marcin Kurzyna linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 28 Jan 2004 16:52:16 +0100

Hi All (and welocme! i'm, and so on.. as it's my first post here),
i've read the archive searching for acpi problems, though mine wasn't
there.
I have the 600E model running 2.6.2 kernel w/o thinkpad module (bios
ver. 36).
I had to append acpi=force pci=noacpi but it's running. System goes to
every SX state corectly (exept S4 -  havent tried it), but when resuming
from S3 graphic goes wild (flashes different colors making nice fractals
out of my display :P ); the system is fine - if you type `reboot`,
`shutdown -r now` or any other and don't make mistake the system will
nicely reboot and after that graphic is back to normal.
The efect is alwayes: when i use neofb, or no; modprobe any thing or no
and so on...

Did anybody have the same problem and/or might have an idea where to
search for it? My guess was pci=noacpi but changing it haven't done
anything exept for dmsg error message for acpi irq routing.

TIA
Marcin.

ps. in 2.4 i've used apm so i can't compare. i haven't given up acpi
yest so i won't use apm with 2.6 :)
ps. is the 4 year old warning on lm_sensors still acurate when using
2.6? i'm kind of afraid to check for my self :P