[ltp] T40p, K.Weidners Multihead approach

Paul Kaplan linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 28 Jan 2004 21:27:32 -0500

Like I said before, I never got the vnc thing to work.  In my XF86Config-4
file, if Xinerama is set to false, I get two (mostly) independent iterations
of my window manager.  The mouse can move between the screens by moving it to
the edge shared between the two screens.  When you launch an app, it loads to
the screen the mouse is on.  What you can't do is drag windows between the
screens as when Xinerama is set to true.  With kde I wound up with a Desktop1
directory that contained the second screen's configs.  If you took this
approach, you should be able to set a screen blank on the second screen (and
probably password protect the wake-up.

Alternatively, you might launch two different X servers to drive separate
monitors and then switch between w/ CTRL+ALT-F7, CTRL+ALT-F8.
Paul