[ltp] 2.6.1 + 3d acceleration

Fri, 30 Jan 2004 07:43:23 +0100

On Fri, Jan 30, 2004 at 11:54:34 +1000, Simon Wong wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-01-28 at 03:21, Jericho Gutierrez wrote:
> > Thanks.  I got it working now.  I re-compiled after a 'make clean'
> > and put agpgart, intel support, and the radeon driver in the
> > kernel.  I verified
>
> How do I know if I need ati_agp or the intel_agp ?
>
> I have a T40 with the Radeon Mobility 7500 (M7 LW).
>
> Thanks for your advice.

This is a driver for the motherboard part if the AGP hardware, so it
depends on the chipset on the motherboard. If you have a T41, it will
have an Intel chipset and you will need intel_agp. the ati_agp module
is for motherboards with an ATI chipset (which is a very rare case), so
you won't need it. You should see some success messages about detected
hardware if you load the intel_agp module.

Regards,
Tino