[ltp] SCO on CNN

James McKenzie linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 30 Jan 2004 21:32:48 -0700

Wes:

Thank you for the link.  Definately is following the MyDoom virus activity..

And I definately 'stand corrected' on the status of the IBM lawsuit.  I
thought and read/heard somewhere that it was already dismissed due to
the fact that the code that SCO (Caldera?) was suing IBM for had already
been placed into the public domain or was licensed by IBM from the
original owner AT&T Bellcore labs.

Anyway, this has little to do with Linux on Thinkpads, but originally
was brought out that the SCO mouthpiece had stated on CNN that the Linux
community (and quite possibly us) had been pointed out as a possible
source for the MyDoom virus which now has been traced to Russia.  This
is quite interesting, as I do not have any desire to cause harm to SCO
or anyother company for that matter.

One should watch CNN to find additional interesting 'facts' that this
mouthpiece stated in his tirade on the air.

If you wish to discuss the merits of the SCO lawsuit off the list feel
free to e-mail me at my listed e-mail address.

James McKenzie