[ltp] Anyone looking for a CD-RW for cheap in the US?

Michelle Klein-Hass linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 30 Jun 2004 19:17:19 -0700

Check this out, yo:
http://www.compgeeks.com/details.asp?invtid=CDICD00134&cat=CDW

There are three left as of when I write this. It's a USB2 external drive, and
has a Lite-On mechanism. $38 plus shipping, and tax too if you are here in
CA, US. Considering all that, though, it's a killer deal. NewEgg.Com has this
for $56, and I thought that was an awesome deal when that came out.

I originally wanted a slim CD-RW I could stuff into my extra bay module, but
this was way more cost-effective.

Apparently the lid is a little delicate...the only drawback to this device.

I have no idea whether this is bootable or not.

Just thought you'd like to know...
Michelle
--
Michelle Klein-Hass