[ltp] pre-installation advice?

Yip Wai Peng linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 1 Jul 2004 17:31:02 +0800

On 01 July 2004 am 01:46, sltp@rhythm.cx wrote:
> Although I did not have any problems with the machine, I called IBM to
> order recovery disks just in case. I was pleasantly surprised by their tech
> support dept. Low hold time and the phone was answered by a native English
> speaker who was nice, competent and did not give me any fuss about getting
> the recovery disks. They shipped the disks to me via Airborne overnight at
> no cost to me.
>
> Glad I got a Thinkpad... wonderful notebook, and unexpectedly good service
> & support from IBM.

Here in Singapore it's not so good. I called them up and apparently they want
me to fax them my invoice, model number, serial number, + all my personal
details. Maybe they're hoping that I'd find it too troublesome and move on.

I'm just a student, and I don't have access to a fax machine. I'm wondering if
anybody have the T41 discs and is helpful enough to make me a copy? FYI, the
model number is 23737FA.

Waipeng