[ltp] could I use speedstep on demand at kernel 2.6.7

Didrik Pinte linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 02 Jul 2004 09:27:26 +0200

Le ven 02/07/2004 =E0 02:50, A. Raulino a =E9crit :
> Dear colleagues,
>=20
> I have been using Kurumin Linux (Brazilian distro based on Knoppix) with=20
> kernel 2.4.22 and APM at my A31 2654-P5U. It's work successful under Linu=
x.
>=20
> I'm plenty satisfied with Linux as my desktop OS. But I only miss the=20
> speedstep support for my PIV-M from my dead window$.=20
>=20
> I just update the kernel to 2.6.7 and ACPI and would like to know how=20
> implement a daemon to use speedstep according the processor demand.
>=20
> So, if somebody knows or have any reference to do it I will appreciate to=
=20
> receive this tip very much.
>=20
> Thanks in advance for your kindly attention,
>=20
> A. Raulino

As mentioned in the mail of Eric Covener, cpufreqd is great. For my
part, I do prefer powernowd. My fan is working less with powernowd than
with cpufreqd (i'm running a R50).

Didrik Pinte