[ltp] T40p radeon or fglrx

Niel Lambrechts linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 2 Jul 2004 23:21:11 +0200

>Perhaps I'm missing something or does the radeon driver only work with
my card? But I think even the setup with all the
>ATI driver is not very complicated, so why not use the standard?!
Suspending is working well with APM. ACPI is disabled
>due to problems
>with USB.

Your solution only helps some of us - I have an R50P/FireGL T2 128 for
which the Radeon driver only provides 2d acceleration. I can setup the
ATI driver with full 3D, but trying to resume after ACPI S3 or S4 is a
different story which causes a system freeze. At this point I have to
unload the fglrx module manually for resumes to work.

Niel