[ltp] SectorIdNotFound error when using a kernel with CONFIG_IDEDISK_STROKE

Sat, 3 Jul 2004 16:08:00 +0300

--4Epv4kl9IRBfg3rk

On Wed, Jun 30, 2004 at 12:00:43PM +0200, Tino Keitel wrote:
> my kernel 2.6.6 reported a difference of ~2 GB between the native and
> the current capacity of the 40 GB hard disk. I was told that using
> CONFIG_IDEDISK_STROKE would give access to the full native capacity, so
> I built a kernel with this option.
>=20
> However, when I try to run mkfs on the partition which uses the space
> behind the current capacity, I get I/O errors with SectorIdNotFound,
> with sector numbers all above the current capacity. So using the native
> capacity apperently doesn't work for me.
>=20
> Has anyone else payed around with this option? Is there something I can
> do to use the full native capacity?

I have, and I got the same result -- I/O errors.

Marius Gedminas
--=20
Hanlon's Razor:
        Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained
        by stupidity.

--4Epv4kl9IRBfg3rk

--4Epv4kl9IRBfg3rk--