[ltp] slamr loading error

Heiko Rosemann linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 5 Jul 2004 19:29:25 +0200 (CEST)

Hi there,

On Mon, 5 Jul 2004, Gerhard Schauer wrote:
> Does anybody solved the Compiling problem or even have slmodem running
> with Kernel 2.6 ?

Well, I am. Works fine with 2.6.6 and slmodem 2.9.7. ISTR that I was having
a similar problem with 2.9.6, which is why I jumped over to 2.9.7 - but this
may also have been different trouble. Or simply downloading the latest and
greatest version from smartlink.

I'm still having trouble with my system sometimes "disconnecting", i.e. the
phone connection stays open but no packets are transferred anymore. Any
hints on this?

And after a suspend/resume-cycle using ACPI/swsusp, the slmodemd has to be
killed and I have to reload the module for the modem to work. Same for
re-dialing after a connection loss.

HTH, Heiko

--
 * WARNING! The USB documentation is downright evil. Most of it
 * is just crap, written by a committee. You're better off ignoring