[ltp] T41p + 2.6.7 + swsusp2-2.0.0.93 success

Martin Man linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 5 Jul 2004 20:48:20 +0200

--X1bOJ3K7DJ5YkBrT

Hello World\n

I've just started to play with ACPI and swsusp2. Debian/SID + vanilla kernel
2.6.7 + swusp2-2.0.0.93.

Applying swsusp2 patches was not straightforward bud several generated rejects
were easy to apply by hand, don't know whether it's the fault at swsusp2 side
or at the side of debian kernel-source package. They are all related to kernel
included SWSUSP implementation so it's safe to remove conflicting parts from
original kernel sources and replace them with code from swsusp2 rejects.

hibernate script takes my system down within several seconds and back as well.

acpid has to be restarted, hotplug, powernowd and aumix has to be started
after the resume completes, this can all be acheived via /etc/suspend.conf
which comes with the hibernate script.

apache2 can not be frozen by the kernel so if you use it it's safe to stop it
before suspending.

So far no problems with pcmcia, usb, e1000, ipw2100, bluetooth

hibernation does not work well with fglrx since after the suspend some
colors of pallete are broken and X has to be restarted to fix it, so I'm using
radeon from debian/sid xfree 4.3.0.1 which works flawlessly

I've not yet tried vesafb and 3d since I don't use it,
I've also not tested irda since after latest bios upgrade it does not work for
me in FIR mode anymore.

I've the kernel image/headers in .deb at my system but I can't upload them
anywhere since I'm connected thru GPRS and they are quite big. If anyone is
interested mail me personally and I will upload them during wednesday.

sincerly,
Martin

--X1bOJ3K7DJ5YkBrT

--X1bOJ3K7DJ5YkBrT--