[ltp] Re: IR-DRIVER-TINY-HOWTO (Linux IrDA on a ThinkPad)]

Tony Whitmore linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 06 Jul 2004 06:48:57 +0100

Phil Stopford wrote:
> Phil Stopford wrote:
>
>> I'd *really* appreciate any pointers, documents or tools to simplify
>> getting this working (and any hints about getting the sound to work
>> after a suspend event). I'm still wading through the 18,000+ messages
>> in the archive, but hoped this post might yield faster results :)
>>
>> Phil.
>>

> In follow up to this, I see the following output in /var/log/messages
>
> irattach: irattach: tty: set_disc(11): Bad file descriptor
> irattach: Stopping device /dev/ttyS1
> irattach: ioctl(SIOCGIFFLAGS): No such device
> irattach: exiting ...
>
> I'm not sure if that helps to explain what might be going on. All work
> so far has been based around the 2.6.5 kernel if that is also helpful.

Just to check, but is the IrDA port detected by the kernel in the first
place? The output of "dmesg | grep tty" should show a line relating the
IrDA port to a serial port.

Cheers,

Tony