[ltp] off topic: removing intel cpu sticker

Martin Hermanowski linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 6 Jul 2004 14:24:29 +0200

--b5gNqxB1S1yM7hjW

On Tue, Jul 06, 2004 at 07:54:26AM -0400, Eric C. Cooper wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 05, 2004 at 10:04:22PM -0500, Jacob Lilly wrote:
> > This is basically 50% off topic, no linux, but it does relate to
> > Thinkpads.  I have a T40 and the intel provided sticker is starting to
> > rub off.  Anyone have any suggestions for a non-caustic removal
> > method?  The plastic is starting to seperate from the rest of it, so
> > I'd like to get it all off.  Soaking in water is clearly not an
> > option, so does anyone know some sort of sticker removal that won't
> > make my Thinkpad into an expensive paper weight?
>=20
> After removing the top (foil) layer, I used a piece of masking tape to
> remove the sticky residue with excellent results.  I didn't want to
> risk using a solvent.
>=20
> I actually used a piece of tape that IBM had on one of the plastic
> bags in the original package (because I removed the Intel and Windows
> stickers within minutes of opening the box!)  I suggest experimenting
> with different kinds of tape to find one with just enough tackiness.

I just removed the foil by hand, and the glue stayed there only for a
few hours of working, because I always rest my hand at this place *g*.

So if you don't mind the sticky spot for some time, there is no need for
any tools or chemicals.

LLAP, Martin

--b5gNqxB1S1yM7hjW

--b5gNqxB1S1yM7hjW--