[ltp] off topic: removing intel cpu sticker

François Fleuret linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 06 Jul 2004 14:29:04 +0200

> Anyone have any suggestions for a non-caustic removal method?  The
> plastic is starting to seperate from the rest of it, so I'd like to
> get it all off.

I removed the intel and MS stickers on both of my thinkpads without
any problem, without using any solvant or perticaular chemical.

Just remove them slowly to get the maximum amount of glue coming with
them, and remove the residual glue by sticking them back and removing
them again.

Maybe I am wrong, but I always thought it was better to remove them
early so that the plastic won't have time to suffer any chemical
change due to the glue itself.

Cheers,

--
François Fleuret                              EPFL - CVLAB/LCN