[ltp] off topic: removing intel cpu sticker

Jim Harvey linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 06 Jul 2004 20:50:33 -0500

Jacob Lilly wrote:
> This is basically 50% off topic, no linux, but it does relate to
> Thinkpads.  I have a T40 and the intel provided sticker is starting to
> rub off.  Anyone have any suggestions for a non-caustic removal
> method?  The plastic is starting to seperate from the rest of it, so
> I'd like to get it all off.  Soaking in water is clearly not an
> option, so does anyone know some sort of sticker removal that won't
> make my Thinkpad into an expensive paper weight?
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Jacob

I've had good luck removing sticker adhesive with naptha. Have not yet had it
damage the underlying plastic. Your mileage may vary of course.
--
  After Armageddon, there will be only three things left: Kudzu vines creeping
  over the ruins, Cockroaches feasting on the blackened ashes, and somewhere