[ltp] T30: Experience with adding a DVD drive

Atul Chitnis linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 8 Jul 2004 13:27:53 +0530

On Thu, 8 Jul 2004 09:28:49 +0200, Tino Keitel <tino.keitel@gmx.de> wrote:
> I bought a used ThinkPad CDROM drive at eBay for 15 EUR, removed the
> frame and the bezel and used it for the naked CD-RW/DVD burner I bought
> at alternate.de. To make the bezel from the CDROM fit on the burner, I
> used a little bit of strong glue. Then I simply sold the naked CDROM
> drive for 15 EUR. :-)

Heh, another satisfied alternate.de customer. :)

I started stripping the bezel off the original DVD/CDRW drive that
came with the T30, but then realised that the eject button wasn't
going to align properly anyway on the DVD+RW drive I had bought, hence
the "surgery". I guess I should try and sell the original IBM DVD/CDRW
drive.

I am back in Germany on the 27th - any recommendations on a 7200 RPM,
80/120GB, 2.5" HDD that fits the T30? IBM in India quoted the
equivalent of an arm, a leg and my firstborn for it.

--
Atul Chitnis
atul.chitnis@gmail.com