[ltp] T40p radeon or fglrx

Hartwig, Thomas linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 08 Jul 2004 12:41:36 +0200

Hello Tino and Flavio,

Flavio: I copy this email to you, which was discussed on a mailing list.
I think it could be helpful for your site about ATI linux driver. It
handles comparision of the standard radeon module by x.org and the
driver provided by ATI.

Tino: Thanks for you suggestions, but I think it is a fault to use
fgl_glxgears for benchmarking with just the statement "use it in the
default windows size and fgl_glxgears uses complex methods"

1. For a comparision you should always use exact sizes, default size can
change anytime.

2. Why not use a standard benchmark test with glxgears which uses common
GL library?! Have you read about benchmark tweaking even by graphic
board vendors?! And I want to use common GL applications and not just
fgl_glxgears. So I would highly encourage to use the standard, so it is
even comparable with others.

Regards
Thomas

PS: Yes I know the numbers which we discuss are not really benchmarks,
but I think somehow you have to compare.