[ltp] Tiny little sound problem on an R50

pub@wigginghaus.de linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 8 Jul 2004 16:15:28 +0200

Hi List!

I am running Debian/Sid, kernel 2.6.7 on an R50 and so far am quite happy
 with it (thanks to a lot of good hints from this list!). Anyway, I am using
 ALSA for sound and strange enough: I can't get the pc-speaker to work.
IIRC the pc-speaker is just a seperate channel but I can't seem to get it
working. Alsamixer does not mention a channel which would fit.

It says:
Card: Intel 82801DB-ICH4
Chip: Analog Devices AD1981B

I am sure I am missing only a small part of the puzzle but I don't know
 which. Anybody any ideas? Should I use OSS?

Nils