[ltp] Installing a bluetooth/modem minipci card in a t41p

Holger Menzer linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 10 Jul 2004 13:57:15 +0200

Hi Daniel,

> My T41p came without bluetooth but I would really like to add it. Has
> anyone gone through the steps of adding the antenna and replacing the
> modem?
>
> Are there any parts other than the modem and antenna I need? I've heard
> of some screws you have to replace.

Have a look at http://thinkpadhacks.com/howto/btinstall.php
and ask Google Groups about 13N5515.

> Is it incredibly hard to do?

I wouldn't recommend this for the faint of heart. But the Hardware
Maintenance Manual is very good. The only advice I can give is: be
carefull with the LCD Front Bezel!

> Would IBM do it for me? Would it void my
> warranty (I plan to Ask IBM if no one knows off the top of their head).

I don't know. In my case they didn't even know that it works.

Cheers,
   Holger