[ltp] any experience with xine?

Sun, 11 Jul 2004 20:12:19 +0200

On Wed, Jul 07, 2004 at 16:36:58 -0400, Matt Graham wrote:
> On Wednesday 07 July 2004 16:11, after a long battle with technology,
> Edith Gruber wrote:
> > I would like to know if the mediaplayer xine works well on a T21 PIII
> > 800Mhz, 128 MB RAM with 8xDVD.
>
> I'd buy more RAM if I were you.  SODIMMs have never been cheaper, and
> getting 384M would make *everything* faster.

The problem is getting a cheap 256 MB module that will work. At least
the T20 works only with those modules that have many small memory
chips, not with the newer ones that have fewer but bigger memory chips.
I can't remember the exact numbers, but when I looked a few months ago
at eBay, the former type of modules was very expensive.

Regards,
Tino