[ltp] Experience with new T42

Heiko Rosemann linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 9 Jul 2004 21:03:15 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

On Thu, 8 Jul 2004, Bertrand Servin wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have just got my new Thinkpad T42 and I am currently configuring
> Slackware Linux 10.0 on it. For now, the basic installation process
> went fine, and I can dual boot Windows and Linux with no problem.
> ( I will be happy to answer any question on this process :) )

Congratulations - you made the main part work!

[...]

> I would also like to be able to use the internal modem.

Try the smartlink modem drivers from - uh oh - www.smlink.com. v2.9.7 works
fine for my X30. I hope IBM has not changed the modem since then...

[...]

> I am currently running kernel 2.4.26, I guess I will go on
> compiling the latest 2.6 kernel. I have never tried the
> 2.6 branch although I am fairly familiar with 2.4 kernels
> and their compilation.

No problem here even with slackware 9.1.0. So 10.0 should definitly be ready
for 2.6.

HTH, Heiko
--
 * WARNING! The USB documentation is downright evil. Most of it
 * is just crap, written by a committee. You're better off ignoring