[ltp] T40p radeon or fglrx

Flavio Stanchina linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 11 Jul 2004 11:55:16 +0200

Hartwig, Thomas wrote:
> 2. Why not use a standard benchmark test with glxgears which uses common
> GL library?! Have you read about benchmark tweaking even by graphic
> board vendors?! And I want to use common GL applications and not just
> fgl_glxgears. So I would highly encourage to use the standard, so it is
> even comparable with others.

I run the fgl_glxgears test just to check if the driver is working and I
encourage the users of my packages to do the same; of course, it is not
meant to be a real benchmark.

If someone wants to do real benchmarks with different driver versions
and hardware configurations, I'll be happy to publish a link to your
results (or the results themselves if you don't have enough web space)
but I don't have enough time on my hands to do such benchmarks myself.

--
Ciao, Flavio