[ltp] T40p radeon or fglrx

Loic Minier linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 12 Jul 2004 10:58:54 +0200

Guillaume Watteeux <guillaume.watteeux@rotomalug.org> - Sat, Jul 10, 2004:

> how to install fglrx driver on T40P ?  because i don't launch XFree
> with this module, my ati card doesn't reconise. error on pci bus...
> with radeon drivers and module, direct rendering was activate.
> I running on debian testing on t40p 2373-g1G

 I have the same model, and I am also running Debian (and I am french
 too :p), I suggest you try the "radeon" driver in your XF86Config-4,
 it's working very well here for what I do with it (mostly 2D).

 Looks like that:

    Section "Device"
            Identifier      "ATI Radeon Mobility 9000"
            Driver          "radeon"
            #Driver         "ati"
            BusID           "PCI:01:00:00"
            Option          "AGPMode" "4"