[ltp] Re: pcmcia on the T42p

Dax Kelson linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 12 Jul 2004 17:08:32 -0600

On Mon, 2004-07-12 at 15:39, Dax Kelson wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-07-11 at 00:27, Rasmus Lerdorf wrote:
> > You mentioned you couldn't get your T42 to see any pcmcia events with a
> > Cisco Aironet 350 card.  I just tried it on mine and it worked fine.  I
> > didn't boot with it and plugged it in and it came right up.  cardctl eject
> > and re-inserted it about 10 times and each time it came back up fine.
>
> More details and resolution.

I may have spoke too soon.

When I say "not working" I mean that physically inserting the card
causes no hotplug activity to happen. If I do a "cardctl insert" then
card is brought up.

With a IBM T4X do you have to use "cardctl insert" or is just sliding
the card in enough? For a period of time earlier today just sliding the
card in was enough. I can't get that behavior back though.

Dax Kelson