[ltp] T41p 2373 and ACPI

Steve Harris linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 13 Jul 2004 22:18:51 +0100

On Tue, Jul 13, 2004 at 09:51:22PM +0200, Patrick Huber wrote:
> I didn't find much information on the T41p in this lists archive so I guess
> it's save to ask ;-)

There are quite a few t41p users here.

> In the Kernel, I currently have the radeon framebuffer. agpgart and dri were
> deactivated in order to remove 'unneeded' possible causes for the problem.
> Whatever I try (no framebuffer at all, no resolution selection, using the
> vesa driver, ...) the screen doesn't come back up.

For me the console doesnt work, the text console works until X boots, but
not after and the framebuffer console fails on suspend.

> I guess, swsusp won't work either as long as this problem exists.

I think thier seperate mechanisms.

> I hope someone had the same problem and found a solution to it or has the
> exactly same hardware and can provide me with his/her configs.

I got some ACPI configs off a website somewhere (I forget where, sorry),
and one I'd done that opening the case and pressing the power button for
~1 second wakes the machine.

- Steve