[ltp] SectorIdNotFound error when using a kernel with CONFIG_IDEDISK_STROKE

Wed, 14 Jul 2004 11:38:13 +0200

On Tue, Jul 06, 2004 at 13:12:04 +0000, James Hawtin wrote:
> I don't know what CONFIG_IDEDISK_STROKE is however are you sure you
> are missing 2GB? or do you just not understand that hard disk are
> measured in units of 1,000 and Memory in units of 1,024?

The kernel reports a "current capacity" of 38 GB and a "native
capacity" of 40 GB during hard disk detection at boot time. After
enabling CONFIG_IDEDISK_STROKE, I can access the full native capacity
(create partions etc.), however, this will give I/O erros. I was just
wondering if it's possible to use the full native capatity without
these errors.

Regards,
Tino