[ltp] thinkpad R51: acpi, suspend, touchpad trouble

Frank Dekervel|Smartlounge| linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 14 Jul 2004 12:32:31 +0200

On Wednesday 14 July 2004 11:51, Didrik Pinte wrote:
> For the problem of the fan, I advise you to try the non-free driver
> fglrx in place of the radeon driver. It changes a lot on my R50.

i will try that one once again, but the 3.9 driver seems to be unstable
(crashes and display corruption) on my pc ... thanks for the hint.

> ipw2100 does not support correctly suspend-to-disk but works perfectly
> well with suspend-to-ram using apm.

well, it seems to work sometimes here, but sometimes it also says something
like "failed to restart adapter" ...

> for the speestepping, you do not need acpi, it works with apm. You just
> need to load some modules (cpufreq, etc.)

well, i also read that, but when i boot with noacpi, the module
centrino_speedstep refuses to load because of missing symbols (acpi_*)

thanks !
greetings,
frank