[ltp] X30, FC2, APM: suspend not working

Andy Myers linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 14 Jul 2004 14:53:53 -0400

Hi,

I know there's been a lot of traffic about power management on the list
lately, and I've tried to read it all, but I'm still stumped.  I've got
a Thinkpad X30 (i830 video chip).  I had APM suspend to RAM working fine
with Redhat 9.  I just upgraded to Fedora Core 2 (and brought everything
up to date so I'm using kernel 2.6.6-1.435.2.3).  The default ACPI setup
didn't work for suspend, so I rebooted with "acpi=off" on the kernel
command line to use APM.  That didn't work either.

With APM, I shut the lid and the machine suspends (to RAM, as it
should).  Opening the case gets me the usual wake-up beeps, plus the
backlight comes on, but that's it.  Again, ctrl-alt-delete doesn't
work.  The last thing in /var/log/messages is a message from apmd saying
"System Suspend", so no help there.  So I guess I'm asking: Is there any
hope of debugging this, and if so, how?

Thanks,
Andy