[ltp] T41p 2373 and ACPI

Rob Browning linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 14 Jul 2004 16:10:46 -0500

Patrick Huber <linux-thinkpad@thunderchick.com> writes:

> I've had a first success with swsusp2 already. Does it matter wether
> I'm using apm or acpi together with swusp2?

You can see my earlier posts for more info, but ACPI and swsusp works
fine here (over weeks, with daily suspends).  I do remove the ath0
module before suspend since that used to be necessary, but I don't
know if it still is with current kernels and madwifi CVS.  Also swsusp
is fast enough for me right now that I don't really use suspend to RAM
(echo 3 > /proc/acpi/sleep), but the last time I tried suspend to RAM,
it did work, with the one caveat that after the resume, acpid stopped
receiving new events.

In case it matters, I believe I'm using swsusp, not swsusp2, and this
is with an unpatched upstream 2.6.6 kernel.

--
Rob Browning
rlb @defaultvalue.org and @debian.org; previously @cs.utexas.edu