[ltp] BIOS update T4x/R5x

Roland Bitterli linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 15 Jul 2004 17:18:29 +0200

Hi Frederik,

On Thu, 2004-07-15 at 16:53, Frederik Wagner wrote:
[...]
> So what did they change?

I think they added  those new functions they mentioned in the log ;-) :

<3.06f (1RETCDWW)>
NOTE:
  This BIOS version will only work with Embedded Controller Program
  Version 3.02 (or higher).

 - (New) Support for ThinkPad R51 new models.
 - (New) Added new menus in IBM BIOS Setup Utility.
         ("Timer Wake with Battery Operation" in "Power", "Require
         password after hibernate" in "Security"->"Password")

>I was just hoping they don't mention all the details of the changes.
>They probably won't write 'fixed the annoying fan problem', that would
>probably compromise themselves :-/

Up to now they mentioned a few fixes in the log, but who knows?

By the way I have a t40p and as long as i use the powersave governor it
seems to be pretty quiet.

Roland