[ltp] cpufreqd configuration examples wanted

Thu, 15 Jul 2004 18:30:12 +0300

--NzB8fVQJ5HfG6fxh

On Thu, Jul 15, 2004 at 09:43:43AM -0500, Satish Balay wrote:
> I prefer cpudyn way of doing this for the laptop (why bother with the
> intermediate stages - When there is load - go full throttle -
> otherwise save power).

I tried using cpudyn for a while, but then I started having problems
with ALSA.  Apparently changing the CPU frequency screws up sound driver
timings somewhere, and I get interesting sound effects.

I expect that ALSA and cpufreq patches for my 2.4 kernel do not mesh
very well.

Now I'm switching the CPU speed manually when I want to.  Usually I just
keep the CPU at its lowest speed, to keep the laptop cooler.

Marius Gedminas
--=20
As of 2.91, these bugs have all been fixed.  We look forward to new ones, w=
ell,
not exactly...
		-- libstdc++-v3 FAQ

--NzB8fVQJ5HfG6fxh