[ltp] cpufreqd configuration examples wanted

Eric Covener linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 15 Jul 2004 13:11:20 -0400

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 10:53:09 -0500 (CDT), Satish Balay
<balay@fastmail.fm> wrote:

> On Thu, 15 Jul 2004, Eric Covener wrote:
>
> > I mostly prefer the extremes as well, however cpudyn is independent of
> > whether you're plugged in, whereas cupfreqd allows you to setup your
> > profiles with that as a factor.
>
> Does cpufreqd have a way to force extremes only?

Yes. Just edit the [Rule] stanzas so that they reference only the
Profiles that look like:

policy=performance
maxfreq=max
minfreq=max

and the
policy=powersave
maxfreq=min
minfreq=min

(where the min and max values are appropriate for your cpu)
fullspeed/performance or lowspeed/powersave profiles.

it will be pretty clear from the config file.

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com