[ltp] Re: ACPI Hibernate and Suspend Strange behavior 2.6.7/-mm1

David Weinehall linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 16 Jul 2004 08:14:15 +0200

On Thu, Jul 15, 2004 at 11:57:45PM +0200, Florian Weimer wrote:
> * David Weinehall:
>
> > Strange.  suspend works for me (T40 though, not T40p), latest
> > BIOS-version, ACPI enabled, APM disabled.
>
> Thanks for your /proc/interrupts file.  You have a lot less IRQ
> sharing than me:
>
>            CPU0
>   0:    5484369          XT-PIC  timer
>   1:      13698          XT-PIC  i8042
>   2:          0          XT-PIC  cascade
>  11:     301909          XT-PIC  uhci_hcd, uhci_hcd, uhci_hcd, Intel 82801DB-ICH4, eth0, yenta, yenta, radeon@PCI:1:0:0
>  12:      14446          XT-PIC  i8042
>  14:      63403          XT-PIC  ide0
>  15:         21          XT-PIC  ide1
> NMI:          0
> ERR:          0
>
> I wonder why the system has got such a high affinity to IRQ 11.  I've
> never seen so much IRQ sharing before. 8-/

The BIOS default setting is to have all PCI interrupts on 11.
Try spreading them out manually.

> I'm going to give it a try without the radeon DRM module.
>
> By the way, here's a log message from the system when it tries to come
> back from suspend:

Ohhh.  I recognize that one, I had problems with that one too.  I solved
it by adding hci_usb to the hotplug blacklist.  However, after
upgrading to 2.6.8-rc1-bk2 (from 2.6.6, so the fix might have been
somewhere in between), I could safely remove that from the blacklist
again.  YMMV.

Regards: David Weinehall
--
 /) David Weinehall <tao@acc.umu.se> /) Northern lights wander      (\
//  Maintainer of the v2.0 kernel   //  Dance across the winter sky //