[ltp] SuSe 9.1 Personal edition on ThinkPad X1: Howto install new rpm using YaST?

nut megger linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 16 Jul 2004 06:40:02 -0700 (PDT)

Thank you for your input.  However, in my original
message I mentioned (and you overlooked) two critical
items:

(1) I have a VERY, VERY slow dial-up modem connection
at home and so any network installation is
unreasonable. (I know, I should get something faster,
but for this inquiry let's assume that network
installation is not available).

(2) I do not want to use the command line but do want
to use YaST. (Why have a powerful tool like YaST if
one has to go to the command line? I know, YaST cannot
handle everything)

Are you saying the YaST cannot handle installation of
rpms that have been burned onto a CD?

http://www.suse.com/us/private/download/ftp/int_mirrors.html