[ltp] Re: ACPI Hibernate and Suspend Strange behavior 2.6.7/-mm1

David Weinehall linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 16 Jul 2004 16:47:19 +0200

On Thu, Jul 15, 2004 at 08:00:17AM +0200, David Weinehall wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 14, 2004 at 03:45:27PM -0500, John Goerzen wrote:
> > >
> > > Does poweroff work for you?  At least my T40 has problems shutting off
> > > properly when using 2.6 + ACPI.  A bit annoying; I have to keep the
> > > powerkey pressed for a few seconds for it to turn off.
> >
> > The only way I ever turn the machine off is by running the halt command,
> > and that is working fine for me.  I haven't tried the power key.
>
> I meant using the halt command (or rather shutdown -h now, since I've
> learned not to expect halt to perform a proper shutdown sequence on
> other Unixen).  I must have something strange going on with my
> installation then, since it doesn't work for me...  Debugging time!

Disabling APIC did fix the problem.  ehci_hcd still blocks suspend,
but adding rmmod ehci_hcd .... modprobe ehci_hcd to the sleep and lid
events at least works around the issue.

Regards: David Weinehall
--
 /) David Weinehall <tao@acc.umu.se> /) Northern lights wander      (\
//  Maintainer of the v2.0 kernel   //  Dance across the winter sky //