[ltp] R40 2722

Michal Belda linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 17 Jul 2004 11:52:43 +0200

 > Hey,
 > well i was thinking of installing slackware 10 on it...
 > hmmm did you have trouble getting the hardware to work by itself or you
 > had to configure stuff yourself?
 > btw isnt the modem in your 2722 and Agere` Lucent? i hear this is a
 > winmodem ...

Hi, I have 2722 BDG model and I'm running slackware 10.0 on it without a
problem. I recently upgraded from slack 9.1 which was also fine.
I don't use modem and don't have any pcmcia card or firewire device but
apart from that, everything is running smoothly. I use custom compiled
2.6.6 kernel with acpi support (ie. no suspend to ram, but I wouldn't
use that anyway), powernowd for cpufreq control, ndiswrapper for the
wifi card (the ipw2100 driver still has some problems with the C3
processor mode)..

I didn't even try slack10 precompiled kernels but with 2.4.26 you can
choose between apm (bare) and acpi (bareacpi) versions, don't know if
the same applies for the 2.6.7 precompiled kernel.

I had a little problem with udev, the cdrom wasn't initialized by
hotplug scripts and so I had to modprobe the ide_cd module myself to get
the /dev/hdc device, but I solved that by unistalling udev.. ;-)

The only other thing hardwarewise I had to configure "manually" was
xorg.conf (XF86Config previously) as slackware doesn't provied you with
the synaptics touchpad support or mouse wheel (ZAxisMapping)..

Anyway if you install slackware feel free to ask for any config files..

--
my email :: micval at temnet dot org
web site :: http://www.temnet.org/micval